“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What is the Essential Book of Your Life?

I know that I have not posted anything here in a long while. There are many reasons for my absence but I won’t bore anyone with any of the details.

I was doing some reading online (something I have not done either in a long while) and found an interesting video on Huffington Post that I wanted to share here. The Huffington Post asked its editors to share the books that changed their lives. They came up with some interesting answers. Please watch the short video to see what books these editors have read that have changed their lives.


Click the link to be taken to the video!


2 comments:

  1. Most books I read are awesome until I read the next one and then the next one. They are mostly all good, but I've never read a book that changed my life.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video and it was really interesting. But is everyone who works at the Huffington Post under the age of like....30?! LOL
    This is a difficult question for me to answer, because different books changed my life, at various ages. Does that make sense? The first book that made me cry was "Little Women," and I was really young. When I was around 12 or 13, I read "Be Ready With Bells & Drums," which would later be called "A Patch of Blue," and made into a movie. I cried my eyes out reading that book and I'm almost positive it ended differently than the movie. It was very sad.
    Thanks for this thought provoking blog post, Carol!

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!